It was a difficult autumn for us - or maybe just for me. Even after recovering from back-to-back business trips (for the Professor) and a nasty sinus infection, I realized that I did not really feel any better. Still drained and tired, we slugged through the rest of November and early December with little motivation other than the rest we hoped awaited us in Ottawa come December 18th.
But it was not be a restful, lounging holiday. We hit the ground running, starting with Eid-ul-Adha and it never stopped from there. Our trip was to include the death of a dear friend's brother, 2 major religious holidays, 1 long awaited engagement, 1 long anticipated birth, visitors from overseas and near constant socializing and the cavorting of young children hyped up on sugary baked goods. There were ups and downs of the extreme kind, and in between some mellow moments too, over cups of tea and bridal magazines. I feel lucky that I could be there for my friends and family in both times of distress and great joy. We couldn't have squeezed in another thing. This is why I am surprised.
Because somewhere, in all of this - I was replenished.
On the go, on the run, falling exhausted into bed every night, I relished it all. Thank you to everyone back home, I am slightly more fortified against the cold of this Minnesota winter, warmed by knowing that the distance between us is really nothing but a physical space.
Jen
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment