Ooh, the Starbucks addiction is rapidly becoming replaced with a Tim Hortons addiction... Bad! The donuts... The coffees... Ozayr brought back a whole dozen yesterday for the family and my will power is just not so good. Plus I have to fit into some nice clothes for a wedding this weekend! Ack!
Ottawa is lovely and shiny today, after a long bout of rain. We spent a gorgeous afternoon with our lurvely daughters in the Byward Market. We went for a shawarma lunch on Rideau Street - there is good Lebanese food here, and we haven't managed to find really great shawarma in Minneapolis, so this was a much anticipated treat! Then we headed into the market and walked around. I visited my favourite Ottawa stationary store and got a neat-o notebook, some writing paper and some thank-you notes (gifts for Hafsa still coming in - we are blessed with so many kind friends and family!) Then a mandatory summer stop at Piccolo Grande for the best gelato. Maymuna had strawberry (dairy free), Ozayr had honeydew melon and I had chocolate-hazelnut. Hafsa, well, slept.
Our vacation is going by so fast, I can't believe that we're half way through our trip already. This morning we briefly considered trying to extend our tickets, but remembered that Ozayr has a conference to attend as soon as we get back. This is probably good - we are just so settled in here that I'm not sure we'd ever find our way back to Minneapolis!
No comments:
Post a Comment