Oh Canada, how we miss you! What do I miss? Well, mostly our families, and my friends, my dear friends. But other than that, I miss... Tim Hortons - EVERYTHING in Tim Hortons. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and I knew that in Ottawa it would have been the first drive-through Iced Cappuccino day of the season!! I also miss my street and our old house, our little townhome on Jackman Terrace. Utica Avenue is nice and has old beautiful trees and homes with actual character to them, but sometimes I long for that Kanata-ness - not because it's aesthetically pleasing necessarily, but the suburbs were our first home, where our first daughter came home from the hospital. I loved that little house and I wasn't quite ready to leave it.
Not that Minneapolis is shabby, people. In fact, TRUTH BE TOLD, I like Minneapolis just a smidge better! I know!! The outrage!! But the parks, the trails, the lakes, the fun for kids and weather (that hey, is not any worse than Ottawa's) all make it a very happy place to live. Now, once I have convinced all my family and closest friends to move here, I will be fully satisfied. Here are some Minn links to entice you Canucks...
http://www.minneapolisparks.org/grandrounds/dist_cl.htm
http://www.hennepintheatredistrict.org/
http://www.walkerart.org/index.wac
http://www.minneapolis.org/
And for the shoppers (you KNOW who you are...), Travel + Leisure called Minneapolis the 4th best shopping destination in the country behind only New York, San Francisco and Chicago. Here are some of my favourite stores, just not available up north...
http://www.hannaandersson.com
http://www.brightonretail.com/store/wishlist.php
http://www.crateandbarrel.com
http://www.givemyregardsto.com
http://www.paper-source.com

No comments:
Post a Comment