Saturday, September 30, 2006

A beautiful day!

Today was a really nice Saturday... let me share it with you... :)

My night last night was long... Hafsa has a tooth almost through on the bottom so I was up every hour or two the whole night, but it was all made worth it come morning, when I got a cuddle in bed with my two girls... in matching pyjamas no less... Doesn't that increase the cuteness factor exponentially?








































So we frolicked until I feared that someone would fall right off the bed. Okay, that someone is Hafsa. This child has no regard for her own personal safety... Maymuna was always cautious, even as a baby, but now we're dealing with a new kettle of fish.

After leisurely dressing, showering and eating (for some) we headed over to the school/community center where Maymuna's preschool is. They were having a Vehicle Fair today and I thought that Maymuna might like to see all the trucks, engines, police cars and buses... Well, she wasn't that impressed honestly, I guess she doesn't care for vehicles just that much in general. She went inside the mail delivery truck and that was pretty much it for her, instead she wanted to show her Baba the preschool and her locker!! Her preschool room was closed but we showed Ozayr through the window and paused at her locker for a few minutes on the way out. Yes, my BABY GIRL has a LOCKER, people. I try not to dwell on it, this whole preschool thing is hard enough as it is. How dare she grow up!! ;)

It turns out what she really wanted was to go on the play structure outside the school, the one where the big kids play during the week. Here is Maymuna being a big kid.



Once we had exhausted this, we headed over to Lake Calhoun with a pinic lunch for Maymuna. We set our blanket out next to the play structure (this is play structure #2 for those counting) and just kind of lazed around there, watching Maymuna play and rolling around on the blanket with Hafsa. More pictures!!


We came home not long after lunch and relaxed a bit. Well, I took a nap and Ozayr mowed the lawn, a feat that can bring a fasting man to near exhaustion, and obviously I was tired just watching him. ;) This evening we went out to stock up on dates (Ramadan staple!) and pita bread and hummus. We stopped by the mall and had dinner, where Maymuna found the 3rd play structure of the day, the soft play area inside Rosedale. This is a phenomenon we've only seen in the United States... and trust me, it's VERY popular with almost-3 year olds!!

Both children fell asleep on the way home... so Ozayr and I took the long route through the city (it is Saturday night afterall!) and admired the night skyline a bit.

Now everyone is in bed except for me... so sweet dreams... goodnight.

No comments: