Today I had a nap.
Yes, I SLEPT a good hour, perhaps two. I am sleep deprived under normal circumstances, there is no doubt, but there is no time to feel tired. Between feeding, bathing, playing, nursing, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and all, I barely have a moment during the day to register how exhausting it all is. Now that I'm getting a humongous break I feel like I am trying to walk underwater - I am so drained. It's catching up with me I suppose, and I'm very grateful for the chance to try to get ahead mentally/physically/emotionally before life goes back to normal. Just the fact that I don't have to worry about half that stuff, let alone DO IT all, is such an ease for my mind. What a great Eid gift.
Rewind!! Did I mention the food!? I swear my husband's grandmother has a very unique brain. A categorical one. It appears to be organized in such a way that each person is directly associated with their favourite food in her mind. So in the last 48 hours, we've had ALL our favourite foods: biryani, steak pies, roti, ardu, sweet "Ramadan milk", and more. I got out the steak pies (my particular fave) to take a picture of them for the blog and accidentally ingested them all. Ooops!!
All this food is lovely, but I am well aware that the best is yet to come. It's almost the end of Ramadan, Eid will be Monday or Tuesday inshallah, and preparations are underway!! I am so glad to be with our families right now, I'm not sure that we can do the "alone in Minnesota for Eid" thing again... But we have another year to plan for that. For now, EID MUBARAK!! to all the Muslims reading. I hope you have a blessed, blessed day with your loved ones... Now get cookin'!!
No comments:
Post a Comment