Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Safe and sound

The girls are finally back in their own beds, sleeping soundly after a very long day of travel… Count ‘em up: 2 van rides, 2 shuttles, 1 light rail tram, and 2 airplanes. Oh, Pearson International Airport, why? WHY???

We had a great trip to Ottawa, and especially enjoyed our Eid. The Saloojee-Gardee family holidays never cease to amaze me. Our dinner gathering consisted of 23 adults, and 10 children, 1 giant loot-bag treasure hunt, a humongous garlic shrimp braai, several armchair politicians, and a huge table filled with food for a buffet-style dinner - which was later replaced with an entire table of desserts (about a DOZEN different kinds) for consumption after that. It was a chaotic, crazy evening that absolutely exhausted us all... and it was lovely.

I would love to ramble more (as it is my usual way) but I am quite tired myself. I will leave you with a few of my favourite pictures from the day...


No comments: