Saturday, November 18, 2006

I heart Saturdays

It's been a slow blogging week, mainly due to the second brand-new tooth in Hafsa's wide grin, and the subsequent sleep deprivation. A cold and fever for the poor girl haven't helped matters either; so I've been heading to bed within an hour of her falling asleep in the evenings - sometimes as early as 9 o'clock.

I got to make up a little ground today though, thanks to Ozayr letting me sleep in this morning while he took the kids; and while Hafsa napped I took a quick snooze as well, seeing as Ozayr and Maymuna were busy downstairs. Another of today's decadences, a long hot shower. One WITHOUT a 3 year old sitting on the toilet reading to me (because I so love the exploits of Curious George that they cannot be missed to wash my hair) or an angry 8 month old yelling at me because she's trapped in a confined (read: safe) place when she'd much rather be gumming the telephone, or climbing the bookcase as she's wont to do. Anyway, I emerged fresh and clean to see this:


If you've spent much time with Hafsa, you know we take her sling everywhere - on planes, at the mall, at the grocery store, raking leaves, cooking dinner, you name it. I got it at the recommendation of a savvy friend here and Hafsa has been in it since she was about 3 months old. Anyway, I thought it (and she) had been everywhere, but this is a new one...


Ozayr also had Maymuna artfully trapped in her highchair doing arts and crafts - every art and craft under the sun... Clean out your mailboxes grandparents, there has been resurgence of dedications here and THERE IS ARTWORK HEADED YOUR WAY. We replenished Maymuna's previously dwindling supply of paints/markers/crayons etc. last week, plus added some new craft stuff that I thought she was too young for before (think safety scissors and glitter glue!). She never gets tired of it somehow (I guess that's creativity for ya!) and here she is surrounded by all her stuff...


Have a great weekend! :)

No comments: