Friday, December 15, 2006

A Picture Post!

Due to a distinct lack of anything witty to say, I am making today's post a pictorial one... AND a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm off the hook! Ha ha!

We got a smattering of snow the week before last and here are the girls in their warm clothes, and Maymuna helping out with the driveway:


It has since warmed up and we even went for a long walk yesterday afternoon and played a bit with the ball in the backyard. Maymuna has an interesting way of playing - I throw the ball to her and she (sometimes) catches it, and then she can throw the ball anywhere in the backyard and I have to run and get it. Fun times. I guess she knows I need the exercise.

Here is Hafsa playing with Maymuna's doodle pad thingy. She almost always just chews on the pen, but this time I caught her TRYING TO WRITE WITH IT. I don't think I'm imagining it, see for yourself...


Of course if Hafsa is an expressing herself creatively, she will fit in just fine... Here is a picture of Maymuna's artwork taking over the house...



Today we went over to our friend's house for our last playdate before the holidays, and Maymuna got to bake some cookies with her friend Julie. The biggest miracle of it all is that they are actually edible for everyone, seeing as our children's combined list of allergies includes dairy, soy, eggs, wheat and chic peas (which eliminates c/p flour). But no one is allergic to sugar so a good time was had by all...


Here are the two girls in a rare moment of quiet... Are they contemplating the passing seasons? Are they wondering what the new year will bring for two little 3-year olds in middle America? Are they discussing the meaning of life? Who knows what passes through those noggins of theirs, but their little aproned bums sure are cute.


Saying goodbye to the Kang family this afternoon I realized that it's probably the first time I will miss something about Minneapolis while we're in Ottawa. Their friendship has been one of the great blessings to our family in 2006.

No comments: