Thursday, January 25, 2007

Here we are

It's been business as usual around here the last few days. We've settled back in, finally, after our trip. In fact, I think that we might have settled into a routine for the first time in almost a year. Hafsa is *THANK GOD* napping. You would think that babies just know how to do this - but that is definitely one of the myths of motherhood. Newborns sleep a lot, yes, but it's not long before they begin to resist sleep like it's the plague. I think it's when they learn that they would just rather be with you.

It took Maymuna a few months to get into a good sleep routine, and with Hafsa, well, it's taken a good ten months. I don't want to over-think it, I just want to rejoice and give thanks that things are working better now. She's been taking two naps a day this week and our days have been infinitely more pleasant. Hafsa is getting more sleep (therefore less clingy and miserable), Maymuna is getting more undivided attention (therefore less clingy and miserable), I am getting the occasional cup of tea in there too (definitely less miserable). It puts us all in a better mood. Here is a happy family scene from yesterday which I caught on my little digital camera: to view it just click HERE. Enjoy! Sweet dreams!

No comments: