Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday stuff

Quite a lovely Saturday around here, I must say. I spent the morning shopping with a friend who needed a dress for a wedding. Though it took us close to FOUR HOURS I must say that I had fun... I haven't had that much concentrated time to focus on clothes, accessories, shoes or INTERACTING WITH OTHER ADULTS in quite some time. The (uber-caffeinated) Turtle Mocha helped too.

It's winter again here unfortunately. The temperatures have dropped way down from 2 weeks ago, and there's snow in the forecast. So what did we do? Head to the park! Check out these great photos that Ozayr took with the fancy for-work-but-occasionally-for-home camera... (it will be nice to see myself in the family album seeing as I'm usually the one behind the camera instead of in front of it)



Then we came home and I played a rousing game of Chicken Coffee with the girls. Chicken Coffee started when Maymuna "served" me a (plastic) teacup with a toy chicken in it, proclaiming her imaginary concoction to be most delicious. "Wouldn't you like some Chicken Coffee?" she asked, sweet as pie. Of course, my role is to take a sip and react in mock outrage and a terrible face: "eeeeew! this is awful!!" Then Maymuna will concede to go back to the kitchen and add some ingredient which will make the Chicken Coffee taste much better. Like sugar, or milk, cinnamon or broccoli. My disgust becomes more and more emphatic and, well, shrieky, until I insist she drink it also. The game evolves into the both of us making faces and moaning and causing commotion while Hafsa sits and laughs - sometimes sticking her tongue out too (always out the left side, funny creature). The hilarity persisted right through until dinnertime...

Now they are fed and bathed and asleep soundly in their little beds, exhausted as can be... I am boiling the kettle for a nice cup of decaf tea... Sweet dreams.

No comments: