Monday, July 09, 2007

My life's calling

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. My life's calling is to CREATE MY OWN STATIONARY LINE. It's all so clear to me now. Why else would God have made my husband an artist??? Hello?!

I can tell you that I definitely have a thing for paper, as most of you well know, and it hasn't died down one bit. I took Sunday morning off this week and went to peruse one of the finer paper stores in Ottawa, and came home with a fair bit of loot. While browsing, however, I noticed that many of the more artsy (read EXPENSIVE) greeting cards were incredibly simple. Most of them just had a simple concept and an appealing design. Well, I can do that!!!

Then I came home and did a little more research... Ever heard of Etsy online? It's a shop my friend Shelly uses to sell her yarn (she's SOLD OUT by the way, but if you are ever interested in some gorgeous hand-dyed yarn check back HERE for some really cool stuff like this). I went back to it for a second look, and there are tons of really cute things there and it would be an absolutely perfect online store. In fact there's lots of paper goods for sale there already. And AGAIN I am noticing that some of their ideas are pretty simple, but honestly there's stuff I would definitely buy myself. Now I just need to evaluate my strengths (and well frankly, Ozayr's strengths seeing as this will probably involve him in one way or another) and brainstorm on some ideas for a creative line of notecards...

I think this could be a fun little on-the-side husband-and-wife business/hobby for us! I can't wait to tell him... ;)

No comments: