These are labeled as "bar boards", I guess for bartenders who need to slice up a quick lime for a martini or something. They are just thin plastic cutting mats, with a silicone coating on one side so that it doesn't slide on your counter. This is EXACTLY what we need, because about 100 times a day we grab a piece of fruit and sit down at the table to share it, cutting it up into tiny little pieces for Hafsa. Each time I either (a) drag out a full size cutting board or (b) cut it up on a paper towel on the counter to save the cumbersome cutting board washing up. THESE things are light weight, do the job AND will rinse up in a jiffy. NICE. Used it at lunch actually. Love it!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Product Review: Love it!
I ran to the bank this morning and could not resist popping into the new shop in Edina, Sur La Table. As the name suggests, SLT sells lots of gorgeous cooking and baking stuff. It was highly motivating actually, I felt inspired to become the next Rachael Ray... don't worry, it passed quickly. It helps that everything is so expensive, all the pretty stuff anyway. I loved, in particular, these beautiful casserole dishes, these adorable aprons and a great colander that I covet in lime green. Like I need a green colander, but anyway. I did however find something that moved me to open my wallet and shell out a whole 4 dollars.

These are labeled as "bar boards", I guess for bartenders who need to slice up a quick lime for a martini or something. They are just thin plastic cutting mats, with a silicone coating on one side so that it doesn't slide on your counter. This is EXACTLY what we need, because about 100 times a day we grab a piece of fruit and sit down at the table to share it, cutting it up into tiny little pieces for Hafsa. Each time I either (a) drag out a full size cutting board or (b) cut it up on a paper towel on the counter to save the cumbersome cutting board washing up. THESE things are light weight, do the job AND will rinse up in a jiffy. NICE. Used it at lunch actually. Love it!
These are labeled as "bar boards", I guess for bartenders who need to slice up a quick lime for a martini or something. They are just thin plastic cutting mats, with a silicone coating on one side so that it doesn't slide on your counter. This is EXACTLY what we need, because about 100 times a day we grab a piece of fruit and sit down at the table to share it, cutting it up into tiny little pieces for Hafsa. Each time I either (a) drag out a full size cutting board or (b) cut it up on a paper towel on the counter to save the cumbersome cutting board washing up. THESE things are light weight, do the job AND will rinse up in a jiffy. NICE. Used it at lunch actually. Love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment