
My apologies in advance - this is a bit of an insider post, but I wanted to thank the Scottish rellies...
Missing you all... the girls were very, very pleased with all of their gifts and letters. As instructed, Dadi, plush toys were distributed at the airport to much ooh-ing and aah-ing. There was even an impromptu fashion show when I got home - the Lion in particular wished to try on her new clothes. The Lamb was particularly pleased with the small heart-shaped box from Jack Sparrow and Princess Z - as well as the piles of allergy-proof chocolate. She might have tried to go to bed with some of them. It was great to be able to bond with my nieces and nephews (and their respective parents and grandparents of course). What trip to Scotland wouldn't be complete without a spontaneous bit of architectural consulting on a local mosque?
Thank you for looking after me while I was there for that conference. I told Jen how much I enjoyed Nana sitting in the front row of my lecture at the Glasgow School of Art... For those of you Scots travelling this week - have a safe, safe trip and may your Hajj be Mabroor, insha'allah. Remember us at the Blessed House!
Sigh. Back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment