Dear Taxpayer:
We are pleased to inform you that the United States Congress passed and President George W. Bush signed into law the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, which provides for economic stimulus payments to be made to over 130 million American households. Under this new law, you may be entitled to a payment of up to $600 ($1,200 if filing a joint return), plus additional amounts for each qualifying child.
From The Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
So let me get this straight. I might get $600 from the United States government, to spend on whatever I want... but our local school district had to cut 1.4 million dollars from its budget this year? I just don't understand how our community can be expected to lay off teachers, close libraries and DRY UP OUR LOCAL POOL to save money - only to have George W. Bush then give me $600 to buy myself somethin' pretty. The Early Childhood Family Education came around, practically begging for 20 bucks! I do not understand this president. I do not understand how you could ever take money OUT of education. I think that every government employee should have to send their kids to public school. If the state or the nation pays your salary, your kids go to the neighborhood school, mandatory. It would change a lot around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment