Saturday, April 19, 2008

Four Things

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. I worked in a drycleaners for many years, not actually washing clothes, but taking them in & tagging them. Shout out to all you Brown's employees, almost all of us did our time there at one point or another, mainly so we could talk on the phone and do our homework in the back and get paid.

2. I worked in a magazine/smoke shop. Great job. We couldn't read magazines during our shift, but were free to bring mags home with us as long as we brought them back in decent condition. Obviously this is where my magazine obsession began.

3. While doing my masters degree I got a teaching assistant position. Great money. Brought a certain boisterous prof into my life who helped me out a lot - including helping me get that thesis finished.

4. Hardest job for least pay: stay-at-home-mom. Biggest rewards though.


Four movies I could watch over and over:

1. Love Actually. My go-to feel-good movie.

2. Ocean's Eleven. Fun.

3. Bridget Jones' Diary. Chick flick.

4. Not that I have yet, but I see myself watching Juno many times. Very enjoyable.


Four places I have lived:

1. Born in Oxford, England. Lived there until I was 2.

2. Lived in the suburbs of O-town until I was 20.

3. Downtown O-town in 4 different apartments through my twenties.

4. Minnesota, in the Big Bad.


Four TV shows that I watch:

1. I am kind of a sucker for talent shows, as I have confessed before. Particularly singing ones.

2. Online we can access a few shows, full episodes so I occasionally download Ugly Betty or,

3. 30 Rock, both HILARIOUS.

4. Uhhhhh... Curious George?


Four places I have been:

1. Paris

2. Vancouver

3. Prince Edward Island

4. United Kingdom


Four of my favourite foods:

1. Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream

2. Starbucks Chai Latte, no foam

3. Sweet potato fries

4. a good seafood pasta


Four places I would rather be right now:

1. someplace warm

2. someplace with a foot massage

3. someplace with good friends/family

4. ultimately though, am quite happy here, having a lazy Saturday afternoon


Four things I am looking forward to this year:

1. Kathleen's wedding

2. visiting O-town, being with friends and family

3. seeing the Lion Cub start preschool in September because I know she's going to love it

4. all the babies due this year (none of which are mine, by the way, those of you with suspicious minds)

No comments: