Friday, May 23, 2008

for the love of A-R-T

Partly because of this book, I began to think that we needed to make a commitment to our art around this house. The Lamb makes a piece of art just about every day. Sometimes it ends up on the wall, or in the mail, or sometimes not, but every day she had to climb into THIS space for paper and supplies:


That is the bottom of our coat closet. Coats from the waist up, and from the waist down: glue, scissors, sticker books, paper, sequins, paint, brushes, crayons, markers, playdough, tape, ribbon, glitter, colouring books, pom-pom animals, collage cut-outs, pipe cleaners... am I missing anything? Well, no one could find anything - as much as I tried to keep it organized, it was impossible. The Lamb herself had to crawl in on all fours to get a good look for what she needed.

Time to make a commitment to being a creative family, showing our kids we respect what they like to do and facilitating that for them. Time for... IKEA!!


Ah, self-assembly. The Professor's absolute favourite thing to do.


I started on the organizational end. It wasn't pretty.


Meanwhile the Professor continued to build the shelves which he always says will take 45 minutes but always always always take 2 hours.


Meanwhile the kids were having a hard time staying awake, but remained committed to the project.


It was all worth it, and by the morning...


TA-DA!!!

No comments: