In what I consider to be a possibly subversive toddler tactic, after her time-out was finished, apologies made and hugs exchanged, she returned to that spot and stayed there another 5 minutes at least. Smiling all the while.
Monday, May 19, 2008
In which child lives in 'Time Out'
Time-outs in our house take place at the bottom of the stairs. The intersection between the bathroom, linen closet, the Lamb's bedroom and the dining room. But it is essentially closed off, a perfect "thinking space" for contemplating one's wrongdoings. The Lamb doesn't end up there very often, but she's allowed to drag her soft chair over to make her time there more comfy. The LionCub has just started on time-outs, because she's only 2 years old. I don't use them a lot, but right now she gets a 2 minute time-out for hitting. Which she's been doing a bit of recently... So much so that I guess she feels she ought to set up camp:

In what I consider to be a possibly subversive toddler tactic, after her time-out was finished, apologies made and hugs exchanged, she returned to that spot and stayed there another 5 minutes at least. Smiling all the while.
In what I consider to be a possibly subversive toddler tactic, after her time-out was finished, apologies made and hugs exchanged, she returned to that spot and stayed there another 5 minutes at least. Smiling all the while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment