Thursday, June 05, 2008

What I learned at Book Club

I am part of a neighbourhood book club, an interesting group of ladies. Together we span 3 generations, 4 religions (including a member of clergy) and just in general have more opinions that you would want to know. Our books have covered almost every subject imaginable from war and world events, to parenting styles and angry bon-bon eating housewives. But hands down this is the best thing I have discovered at book club:


You too can enjoy this at your next social gathering! Then invite me! Okay, first buy some brie cheese. Unwrap it and warm it up in the oven, just a few minutes, so that it stays intact in wheel shape and not melted all over your pan. In the jam/jelly section of your grocer pick up some pepper jelly, we quite like this one. As mild or hot as you like it. Spread a water cracker with warm brie and top with pepper jelly. YUM. I'm telling you.

PS. for the weight conscious or frugal among you, you can substitute the brie for la vache qui rie - though it's not quite the same...

No comments: