Sunday, June 03, 2012

Done!


 With just a little over 48 hours to spare, I have finally finished the baby quilt for Brit and Emre! For all that work I am amazed at how small it is! Probably only 32 x 32 inches - perfect for a crib or spontaneous naps wherever, then later as a stroller blanket - but a whole lot of quilting lines! Phew!

Since I finished the quilting, I needed to remove the excess batting and backing:


Then sew on the binding:




We had a little photo session with it today, as we will soon be parting with it:



The quilting lines that follow the zig zag through the neutral pieces is really what makes me happy about this quilt. These sewing lines are not *perfect* or *straight* a lot of the time, but the overall effect seems to overshadow those little faults and the back really shows off the quilting. I think I like it as much as the front:



I hope it will be well used and well loved by its little recipient :-) It was so much fun to make!

2 comments:

Char said...

Very nice quilt, Jen. I'm a little jealous of your commitment level to such a big project!

Waverley said...

Amazing and inspiring! What a beautiful gift.