Saturday, March 02, 2013

Goodbye Roma!

Our time in Italy has flown by, and I am writing this post on our Rome-Istanbul flight. Italy was so great, a dream really, somewhere I had always wanted to visit. While it was all the Big Sights I was anxious to see 5 weeks ago, it is all the little things that I will miss now that we're gone. I will miss pizza, pasta, cappuccino, cornetto, and cars so tiny they can be parked perpendicular to the street. I will miss our doorman, our bakery, gelato in the sun or rain, in the afternoon or after dark (under any circumstances, always say yes to gelato). The statues that line Pont Sant'Angelo, and trees that are skinny the whole way up until there is a great explosion of green at the top. I will miss wandering down an unpresuming street, only to turn a corner and be stunned by something breathtakingly beautiful - a building, a piazza, a scultpture, a garden - and knowing its story is centuries old. I will miss those Big Sights as they became just apart of our daily routine, like walking through St Peters to get to Ozayr's work or the grocery store. Ahhh...

Gracie Roma...















No comments: