Today the students arrived. As we speak they are meeting Ozayr for their first dinner here in Rome. Tomorrow "SCHOOL" begins for them all. We have been enjoying the last few days here, just our family. On the weekend we went back to our old stomping grounds near the Vatican and wandered around, visiting our old cappuccino bar and gelato shop. We walked around St Peter's square in the sun.
(Yes, in the sun, I'm so sorry! Reports out of Canada and Minnesota sound terrible! I think every kid we know has been home from school today!)
On Sunday we took a winding walk through the historic center, past many of our favourite places... Castel Sant'Angelo, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon... again more cappuccino and more gelato... as well as pizza and pasta too. Regrettably, I did not take any pictures that day. It is the privilege of the second-time tourist, I think. I feel much less pressure to document everything... (I hope that doesn't signify danger for the blog!) If I can offer an alternative for the days this blog is slow, please check out the "official" study abroad blog that Ozayr and his students contribute to: http://umnistanbulstudyabroad.com/ It is always a lot of fun to hear what the students think about their experience here.

No comments:
Post a Comment