Friday, May 16, 2014

Rahmi M. Koç Transport Museum

For the last two visits to Turkey, I have tried to visit the Rahmi Koç Transport Museum and somehow every time I made plans to do so, they FAILED. Well, today didn't look like it was going to work out, since Ozayr was running around getting stuff sort out and I was trying to get things in the apartment ready to go... but we pretty much put everything aside around lunchtime and got on the Golden Horn ferry up to Hasköy. The museum did not disappoint!

There were lots of interesting things to see, from bicycles to planes to street cars. There were lots of great stories too, like the one about the U.S. Airforce Starfighter plane that crashed off Turkey's Mediterranean coast in WWII, and whose crew was rescued by Turkish locals who swam out to help them.

It was a beautiful day for taking pictures - enjoy!



















No comments: