The Art of the Handwritten Note
I thought I'd post about this because lots of people know about my paper obsession, and that I have been writing letters and short stories my whole life. I actually credit my Mom for this, I watched her write letters on blue airmail paper to our relatives my whole childhood (before the phone rates got so cheap). I had automatic penpals in most of my cousins and grandmother. Perhaps it started out as a chore (the obligatory thank-you note after a birthday or holiday) but I really grew to love expressing myself on paper.
According to Hallmark it's not a 'dying art' at all:
- 58% of moms say their children write thank-you notes.
- 29% of consumers say they are writing more letters.
- 40% of stationery users are men.
- 34% of consumers say they enjoy writing notes and letters.
- 14% of kids have pen pals.
- 46% of grandmothers say their grandchildren write to them.
There's nothing like receiving a beautiful envelope in the mail and the anticipation of opening it. I always make a cup of tea before sitting down to read the contents of letter - then I savour it! When it's my turn to write, my inspiration definitely comes from choosing the right paper for the occasion and the person I have in mind to write to. Here are some of my favourite links about letterwriting, notewriting and of course, lots of beautiful paper!
How to Write a Thank you Note
Tips and Ideas for Note Writing
Papique!
Kate's Paperie
Crane's Papers
No comments:
Post a Comment