It's raining today. Not just showers but dark, dark clouds and thunder in the distance. I love rainy days and this one is made all the better for having soft lamps on in the house during the daytime and a hot cup of tea by my side. In the good old days, as Ozayr and I refer to the time BEFORE KIDS, we would have grabbed a couple of books and settled down on the couch with a blanket for a few good hours before going out and renting a good movie. Then we would have watched that. Then maybe we would have napped for a while.... Anyhoo, no point dwelling on the past, eh? Besides... what I have now is equally entertaining: an imaginative almost-three year old with a chatty tendencies and her father's sense of humour; and a determined four month old with a delightful squeal and an insane drive to get moving. Very fun to watch. I don't think it will be long before she crawls - and you have no idea how much this thrills me after everything she's been through the last four months, not to mention everything that's passed through my "what's-the-worst-case-scenario" imagination since the day she was born. It's the kind of day today that makes you a bit reflective... and very grateful for what you have...
Here's hoping you all get a break from the heat and take some time out to enjoy the raindrops...
No comments:
Post a Comment