
Let me give you a brief run down of my day.
After we all got up, we all got dressed, cleaned up and had breakfast. No time for a shower for me. Sadly. Packed up the girls (final feeding, last diaper change, last potty visit, pack snacks/water, carseat for Hafsa, shoes for Maymuna). We drove to meet Ozayr at the airport where he was dropping off the rental car we borrowed for the weekend. From there we drove to the university to drop Ozayr off for work. From there we headed home to where Uncle Dan was waiting for us. Maymuna didn't want to go inside, so I set up the sand table and toys and waited outside, blowing bubbles for her to pop. Then she wanted some lunch, so I went inside, made it and brought it outside to the pinic blanket for her to eat. I nursed Hafsa while Maymuna ate. Got a call from a friend who wanted to meet us at the park. Packed up the girls (final feeding, last diaper change, last potty visit, pack snacks/water, carseat for Hafsa, shoes for Maymuna) and headed out there. Played. Went from there to pick up Uncle Dan. Went grocery shopping. Bought milk (for Dan) and other healthy products. Returned home, unloaded girls, cheerful banter with neighbours on the way in. Gave Maymuna a snack and drink and sat down to nurse Hafsa. Called Ozayr, left to pick him up from work. Left Maymuna with Dan. Hafsa cried most of the way to the university... breaking my heart... I tried not to drive recklessly. She fell asleep two minutes before we got there. Picked up husband. Let him drive home. Pick up subway sandwiches on the way because tonight was my "night off". Get home, unload Hafsa, apologize to her profusely for trapping her in the car and sit down to nurse her again. The rest of the family eats dinner. I then untangle myself from the family goings-on to take my weekly time-out for myself... a trip to Starbucks with my writing and my books. Funnily enough, I just couldn't relax and just wandered around the streets of 50th and France until it was time to come home -- I wonder why?
As a side note, the puzzle is going verrrrry slowly... We are determined to finish it though! Here is our progress...

No comments:
Post a Comment