Thursday, September 14, 2006

Avocado Toes

There's a face that Hafsa makes... don't worry you'll get to see it for yourself in a minute... We call it "Tylenol Face". Having never had anything other than breastmilk her whole young life, she was quickly introduced to painkillers at the hospital after her surgery. And she hated them. I used to feed her the Tylenol Codeine myself and the nurses thought it was hilarious. I would put a little drop on my finger and smear it across her tongue or the inside of her cheek, so little that she couldn't actually spit it out. It was a system that worked, but took forever, as you could probably guess. Well, she is better at taking medicine now, but the face she made then is still the same. Ozayr and I love the face, even though it signals her displeasure. It is also usually accompanied by a slow and thoughtful smacking of the lips. So you can imagine my surprise and delight when it reappeared again today: upon her first taste of avocado. Tylenol face is now hereby renamed Avocado Face:


No comments: