Thursday, September 14, 2006

Last days of summer

We had a cold spell earlier this week and now that it's up over 20 degrees again, I really feel like these are the last days of our summer. I love autumn, but I am sad to see this summer end... So I took some pictures of the girls, doing what they did almost every day this summer - hang out in our backyard together having fun. Both kind of doing their own thing...

We had the quintessential summer afternoon with some good friends this afternoon. Lunch on a patio, playing at the park and frappuccinos to top it all off (apple juice for the kids). At the park Maymuna was so daring... she climbed higher than ever before and took some leaps which made my heart pound. She was so proud of herself, and now she tells me "I climb like a monkey!" It reminds me how much she's changed this summer and how grown up she seems now. I think I have enjoyed my kids more than ever in these warm months.

To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -
True Poems flee.

~Emily Dickinson

No comments: