Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A picture post

Okay, let's lighten things up around here, shall we? Nothing like kiddie pics... right? At least I'm pretty sure that's what the grandparents tune in for and they account for like, 4 out of the 6 people who view this blog... so here are the great shots I snapped at the park today!















I've been telling people recently that there's been a big change in Maymuna and you can really tell from this picture above - she is so much more daring. She is on the right there, walking across those bars from one play structure to another. It's definitely pretty high in my book, but she seems ready to do it. Meet Julie, on the left, one of Maymuna's most awesome playdate friends. We have lots of fun with them every time we get together and today was no exception! You'll meet her little sister Sophie further down...















Here is Hafsa on the swing and Maymuna being a great big sister! Hafsa loves the swing, and Maymuna was quite happy to push her for a length of time... Now what will happen when they both want to be in the swing?? I hope Maymuna will be happy to take turns...




















This is Hafsa just hangin' out with Julie's little sister Sophie in Starbucks (below). No they don't order lattes yet, just milk (ha ha ha). Julie and Maymuna sucked back two huge apple juices lightning fast. Then Julie crawled under the table and Maymuna threw a mini-tantrum and in the end I think we disturbed about 4 business meetings and several students trying to work. When did Starbucks get so corporate? Well, mommies need refreshment too. We pretty much laughed off the bad looks and had a good time... :)















So now we're home, and tired and hungry, so I'm signing off... Here's Maymuna having some "down time".

No comments: