Saturday, October 07, 2006

At last!!

stow·a·way (noun): a person who hides aboard a ship or other conveyance in order to obtain free passage.

So they have arrived. Ozayr went out with Maymuna to get more dates (yes, we are crazy for the Madinah ones here, did I post once already that Ozayr went out for dates last week? Yes, we're out again. anyhoo). I had just wandered down the street to a neighbour's house to say thank you for some baby clothes they gave us for Hafsa. So Ms. Neighbour said, how are your parents? are they here? No, I laughed, no, they're not here yet!! I waved behind me to illustrate my point, and lo and behold, my parents are standing in the driveway. Oh! I said, there they are!! I scooted down the street hollering, lest my parents think that there was no one home to greet them.

There has been much rejoicing here, opening of gifts and lovely food. Thank you Ummi and Ma, I think about you making all this with so much love. Maymuna is totally hyper to have so many new audience members, we've been singing and dancing all afternoon.





Hmmm, what was that? Did anyone catch that? Isn't there someone here... who's not *supposed* to be here? Let's look at that again...



Yep, it's DAN.

After finally letting my parents into the house and saying a proper hello, there was a knock at the front door. I ran to the front and opened it to find Daniel there, with a backpack, pillow and 1/2 gallon of milk.

The family is very pleased with themselves for keeping such a secret. Dan even emailed me along the way, pretending to be at home. Then when they got to St. Louis Park they stopped at Byerley's for extra milk (Dan's main source of... every nutrient). They then dropped him off down the street. He walked the rest of the way to surprise me and make it look like he just... appeared here... with only the bare necessities... of which dairy is certainly one for my brother.

Unfortunately the joke is kind of on Dan at this point because there's nowhere for him to sleep. Good thing he brought his own pillow too...

No comments: