Monday, February 05, 2007

Score!


Today the mail ROCKED.

I was surprised to get not one, not two, pieces of 'real' mail - but a whole bundle of it. Between Maymuna and I we managed to score 3 sheets of stickers, 2 photographs, 3 hand-written notes, 3 greeting cards, 2 paper heart chains and an invitation to a birthday party. Here's a picture of Maymuna opening her lot and admiring the result:



I hope my niece won't mind, but I am including a picture of the cutest letter EVER. We will keep it forever! It's so sweet! Thank you Safiya!


That was seriously the highlight of my day, especially seeing Maymuna tear into her mail and enjoy every single little piece. The second best part of my day was Maymuna and Hafsa playing together earlier. It was fleeting, I'll admit, but it was sweet while it lasted and I captured it on film so we can pretend they played that way all afternoon and I can repress the true memories of the chaos that was the rest of our day...


It's one of those days where the sun streams in through the windows - but don't be fooled, the temperatures here are insanely cold. I wish I could tell you the exact temp, but it's cold, just take my word for it, extremely cold. I'll sign off with a picture of Hafsa playing in the sunshine to warm your heart...

No comments: