So while she was already in there I gave her a good scrub before we started getting ready. But Maymuna's hair is incredibly thick and I was concerned because it's so cold outside today. So, much to our mutual delight, Maymuna needed a blow-dry! Woo-hoo! The velcro rollers, well, they were just there and it seemed like the natural thing to do. :)
We had a lovely time at lunch and now we're hunkered down, in from the cold at home, for the rest of day. Here's a picture of Hafsa. She's working on the 2 top teeth at the moment, and she's putting everything in her mouth, as you can see!
Speaking of our little lion, she has taken her first tentative little steps... It's happened a few times over the last week or so, and I must say that I was delighted and in complete disbelief at the same time. She is pretty pleased with herself, and thinks it's a fun game to take 2 or 3 steps and then fall into my arms, giggling madly. I don't think she fully realizes the implications though, of walking (the freedom! the independence! the trouble!) if she did I'm sure she'd be practicing day and night. But there's plenty of time for that, inshallah.
You know, there's a part of me that always braced myself for the worst, who never wanted to take for granted that this day would come. I can't even express my gratitude that it appears as though my fears are unfounded.
No comments:
Post a Comment