Yes, quilting. I kind of have a thing for blankets. You can't go wrong with them, in my opinion. Your child is sick, cold, tired, drinking warm milk, in the stroller on a cold day or let's say, even in bed.... a blanket is the perfect thing. It always makes you feel a bit better on a bad day, to be wrapped up snugly in a something warm and worn in.
Every time I go into the cute little baby boutiques around here, there's always a soft, pink, gorgeous quilt that I want to grab and take home - but it's usually like $100. Not going to happen! I have been coveting the matching quilt for Maymuna's bedsheets from Pottery Barn for at least a year, but it's never going to drop below it's current 150 dollar price tag... I've come to terms with that.
Do a google search for "quilt" and I'll tell you, you come up with a few weird things. Let me clarify that should I decide to go ahead with quilting, I will not be quilting any pictures of Gandhi's head...

or anyone else's head for that matter...

I probably won't quilt Ireland...

Or my local county in map form...

And while I do have a lot of respect for more traditional quilting (and cute old ladies)...
I think I am more inspired by things like this...



Though I'd be happy to make each of the girls a nice simple quilt with pretty colours, something like one of these perhaps...

I'm starting to understand why grandmothers are so busy, because I'm never going to have time to do any of this stuff until my kids are grown... and like, do I need a sewing machine or what?
No comments:
Post a Comment