Friday, May 04, 2007

Maymuna & Julie BFF (best friends forever)

I had some pretty serious topics in mind for the blog the last few days, but somehow I just don't feel like serious blogging today. I feel like silly stuff today. Here's a little silliness for you, of the Ozayr variety. This is his latest trick...



You know, I think life would be a lot more interesting for the girls if Ozayr was the one who stayed home with them all day. I would never think of putting a child in a tote bag and carrying her around, but she loves it.

Today was our last day hanging out with our friends, the Kangs, for a while. They're going on a trip, then we're going on a trip... So we did a few things to commemorate the day...

First we dressed our children identically:


Honestly this is the best picture that I got of all four of them. I'm hoping Shelly managed to snap some better pics. I'm just happy that all four of them are in the picture at all. With some strategic cropping I managed to get some decent partial shots:



I swear Maymuna is not trying to punch Julie in the mouth here. It was a very friendly photo shoot. There was even a quasi-headlock situation which was very peaceable. As far as headlocks go.

I planned a secret arts-and-crafts project for the girls. Here they are working on it in their little art smocks...


And here's the finished result!!


Now they each have a little framed picture to remember each other by! Well, it's not that long that we'll be apart, but Shelly and I are definitely mourning the mommy-chat-chai time. We've had a play-date almost every week for the last year... it's going to seem strange not seeing each other for so long.

After I got over our sentimental parting, I had a sudden realization. We leave soon. I've got lots and lots and lots to do. I made FIVE lists this afternoon in a panic.

Panic will likely continue well into tomorrow.