Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm back

The seasons have officially changed since the last time I blogged. I was blogging everyday for a while there. Then I thought that every second day would be more reasonable. Then we were so busy getting back into our schedule that last week I didn't have a chance to blog, or return emails at all. I am hoping this week is a bit easier...

It's not even 6 p.m. and it's dark outside. We've had a rash of thunderstorms lately and it looks like there's another on the way. Last Thursday we heard the tornado warning sirens. If we had been at home we would have gone directly to the basement, but we were on the highway driving back from the university. We knew there was something up though, as we spotted a single cloud that was just spinning, ever so slowly... Luckily no major damage was done to our area, unless you count the branch that fell from our tree. We seem to have terrible luck with these trees... it's the 3rd big branch to fall from this particular tree. And the sapling we had out the front just keeled over and died one day. I'm wondering if perhaps we don't water our lawn enough and the trees are drying up and getting brittle. Anyway, all this rain will take care of that. We'll peak out there later to see what's happened.

The girls have been doing just fine, enjoying the occasional day of warm summer-like weather. Here's a little video for you of Hafsa trying to catch the last dregs of water from the hose...



By the way, bloggers out there using Blogger - the new 'upload video' function, it's pretty LAME. This is taking FOREVER. I hope the quality will be good enough for you to see the water coming out of the hose...

Maybe this video is better with a lower resolution...

No comments: