Saturday, September 29, 2007

still here on Saturday night

I thought I should blog tonight - it's been a few days since my last rambling, crazy post and I thought there might be people out there who think I've gone off the deep end or something. No, no, everything's fine. The girls woke up the next morning, rosy cheeked and sleepy-eyed and won my heart all over again. It happens this way almost every day, my love for them increases.

So Ozayr has gone back home for the wedding of two friends of ours, J + E. I bet he is there right now actually, looking handsome in his new suit. I wonder if he is a little at a loss there without me - his public events secretary. It's my job to give him the executive summary on details that he can't remember, or that I forgot to tell him ("remember so-and-so was in a car accident, so don't ask about the new wheels.... oh, that's so-and-so, whats-his-names new girlfriend, she works in marketing...") But then again, I am probably overestimating my worth. I think that he is probably having a great time. Though I can almost guarantee that when the dancing and drinking kick in, he'll be slyly looking for the door. No offense to J + E, of course I think they know this about him too. Trust me, no one will watch my husband doing the Chicken Dance tonight. Not his thing.

In other news, as Ozayr departed, two other souls arrived: my parents. Here they sit with me, reading, as they do in the evenings. They are yawning even though it's barely 9 p.m. Their life on a cruise ship the last two weeks has been enjoyable, though at times rocky, and I think they are happy to be sitting here, mauled by children... While they still have plenty of energy I will try to relax and take some time off. Seriously considering taking my husband to a movie this week. I hear that there are... movies... showing. That's all I know. Have received one recommendation for something about The Wild, with Sean Penn. Do not know the movie title off the top of my head. It's a consideration... Can't you see how badly I need to get out and have some fun?

I have a feeling I'll be in bed before 10 tonight.

No comments: