It's early, something like 6:30 a.m. I have the cold that the Lamb had, that she gave to the Lion, who gave it to me. Ozayr came home yesterday and already says that he has a sore throat, and that's the beginning. We love to share in this family. Anyway, I'm up well before everyone else simply because my head WILL explode if I lie down another minute. So I've been up since 5:30, but with little energy. I've side-stepped the toys on the floor to go and make another cup of tea.
It's been a rough time, this last couple of weeks... Ozayr has been away a lot and the kids have been sick. My uncle Roger passed away late last week. But now that we are kind of coming out of all that, I am trying to look at the bright side (since when did I become the optimist?).
Good thing #1: In my uncle's passing I sort of reconnected with a few of my cousins, which was nice. Part of the letter I wrote to them was used in his eulogy, which is very emotional for me. I feel honoured that what I said mattered enough that my cousin would want to share it. I feel extremely pleased that I could contribute somehow.
Good thing #2: Though Ozayr and I have been apart a lot lately, there's a real sweetness in being together again. On the nights he has been in town we've just been sitting together in the evenings, drinking tea and talking, instead of each being preoccupied with our other interests, checking emails etc. It's nice. He even wrote me poetry on the road...
Good thing #3: The girls are SO CUTE when they've lost their voices, my goodness. I know it's just wrong to laugh when obviously they are so sick and all, but man, it's cute. The Lamb seems to have come out of the moaning misery stage, and the Lion is disturbed by her sickness, but not thoroughly unhappy, so they are getting better. *Yay* for healthy little bodies that bounce back.
Good thing #4: There's lookin' to be some Me-time this week. Oh God, you know I need this, lol. I have a hair appointment and book club and writing time and maybe even another escape to myself coming up this week. I am going to side-step the guilt and unwind a bit. I am very close with my girls and I adore them, but sometimes I need the opportunity to stand back a bit, to see them from a distance, to come home and be excited to see them again...
Good thing #5: This is about to happen any minute: big morning breakfast, ALL TOGETHER. Love it. :)
GOOD THING #6!! It is SO GOOD that I forgot to put it in my list and had to add it later! I have a new niece! Baby Z joined the family November 1st. Ozayr's brother has 2 sons already and now can add a little girl to the troupe! Ozayr brought back pictures of her and she is adorable, machallah. I can't wait to snuggle her in a few weeks' time. :) :) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment