Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hello. How've you been?

What can I say about the last few weeks except to say that I'm glad they are over? November has been exhausting and we're only halfway through it. Thankfully there are 2 things that are lifting my spirits and pulling me through this second half... (1) it's (American) thanksgiving next week and Ozayr has a FOUR day weekend (which means that I have a FOUR day weekend), and (2) we're booking our tickets to Ottawa - the official commencement of my anticipation and excitement over our upcoming winter trip. I will see my brother for the first time in a year, and hold my new niece for the first time... There are lots of things that I'm really looking forward to, not in the least is just spending some time with my husband, just relaxing and hanging out. We need a break and it definitely helps to know that there is one on the horizon.

Otherwise there is not much especially new in the world of parenting 2 young daughters... The Lamb is becoming ever-more sophisticated in expressing her needs ("but Mom, the crust on this bread is upsetting to me...") and the Lion can officially start her own race ("set! GO!") so life continues at its normal, neck-breaking pace with all the joys and tumbles that come with it...

I am going to visit the doctor tomorrow and hopefully start a course of antibiotics that will put an end to my troubles. Many thanks for all the concerned phone calls which started out with "you sound terrible!" Trust me, if you spoke to me today, this is BETTER.

Ah look, it's 9 o'clock now, my new bedtime as of late. Sweet dreams...

No comments: