winter gear and outdoor stuff at REI in Bloomington, but I think I'll wait to visit the MEC back home (what is it with these sporty places and their abbreviations??)Speaking of REI, we were there on the weekend to buy the Professor a new pair of gloves and it was madness there. Holiday shopping is in full swing I guess. They have a giant rock climbing wall in the front section of the store, which is very impressive. The big surprise is that the Lamb is desperate to try it! She saw it right away and said I WANT TO CLIMB THAT. There's a section where it's not very steep for kids, and they hook you up with ropes and a harness and all the proper gear. She watched a few kids do it and is still determined to try it. So we're probably going to take her back next weekend and let her do it. I'm excited for her actually, I love seeing her take on a challenge. She sits back a lot and lets other people lead the way, so when she takes an interest in trying something new I don't want to turn it down. We got an REI membership when we bought the gloves, so if she likes this we can go for free climbing whenever we want. I'll keep you posted!!
No comments:
Post a Comment