Thursday, November 29, 2007

Twinkle, my little star

After all the usual bedtime business around here the Lamb and I settle in for a good snuggle and a bit of a chat. Tonight I asked her what was the best part of her day and what was the worst part. She told me that getting dressed was the best part (total clothes horse obviously, today's outfit was a jean skirt and a blue striped top with collar, very smart. both hand-me-downs, smart mama). The worst part, she went on to describe, was at preschool. Playing "stage" she got up to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". She sang the whole thing over again for my benefit. I asked her if we were talking about the worst part of her day, because all this sounded kind of good...

"Oh, it was the worst part Mama. They were clapping at me, and they were listening..." shaking her little head in dismay.

I thought it was funny how she said that the other kids were clapping at her, rather than for her, and that she was so horrified that the class was actually listening to her... Sometimes you don't need an online personality test to know what you like and what you just don't.

No comments: