I felt compelled to respond to My Better Half's Meme, with a meme-response.
1. Political show - The Daily Show. I must concur. I would also add the Colbert Repor(t)
2. Picnic food - Biryani. Then Shawarma. Then more Biryani
3. Mixed drink - Here's a shout out to all the South Africans out there: KOLA-TONIC + SPRITE. Boo-yah!
4. U.S. President - Jed Barlett (Martin Sheen's character from The West Wing. At least the first few seasons of the show when Aaron Sorkin and Tommy Schlamme were still working on the show)
5. Kind of student to teach - Hmmm. Motivated.
6. Hobby you do or wish you still did -Lego. Although I am doing more of it now with the Lion and the Lamb. I almost bought a BatCave Lego set from a consignment store last week. Didn't though. Someone else bought it. I will find you, whoever you are.
7. Sports commentator - Howard Cosell. The guy (Chris something) who bellows on NFL coverage: " HE. COULD. GO. ALL. THE. WAY."
8. Sport to watch on TV - Soccer - sspecially when the losing team is Italy. Rugby - especially when the winning team is the Springboks.
9. Animal to have as a pet - Imaginary white-tiger.
10. Halloween costume you have worn -I could embarrass the wits out of both my brothers here, but will instead leave it to their wives to inquire as to their past costumed shenanigans. Three words: David Bowie, Pitchfork. As for me, my first halloween (there were, I think three candy-seeking forays in my past) I was a ninja. With a katana (paper tube wrapped in aluminum foil). Semper Fi!
11. Kind of dessert - Carrot Cake. Biryani. Then Shawarma (From the palace on Rideau). Then shawarma mixed with Biryani - also known as 'Shwiryani" Ixnay on the Iss-sway Alet-chay.
12. Comic strip - I concur with My Better Half. Calvin and Hobbes. Non-sequitur is prettty good, too. So was the Far Side. Long live Gary Larson.
13. Style or make of footwear - Merrell sandals I bought in Saudi Arabia 3 years ago. My absolute favourite, hands down. Recently also into skechers too. Very comfortable. Given the the unfortunate downtown in the US economy, I am also glad that they are cheap!
14. Ice cream flavor - Vanilla. Then Biryani-flavour. HMmmmmmm.
15. College or university president - His name, MY BETTER HALF, is Bob Bruininks.
16. Internet news source - Shameless Plugs: www.alertnet.org, and National Public Radio (www.npr.org)
17. Vacation spot - Yes. O-town.
18. Wine - Unable to comment.
19. Way to waste time instead of working - I watch videos on Surfthechannel and Hulu. I am now on Season 3 of Supernatural. ( Don't listen to Ruby, Sam, she's eeeeviillll.)
20. Student excuse for late work -I can't remember, although I do remember asking my uncle to write me a *doctor's* note.
21. Reality show - Not really into them except for the Amazing Race. I like trying to predict when the American teams will have a moment of "Privileged Guilt," usually when tromping through a poverty stricken part of India on their way to win a $1,000,000.00. Wait a minute...
22. Jewelry on a man - Nope.
23. Pizza topping - A recent favourite - pineapple, red-onions and banana peppers.
24. Children’s movie -Princess Bride. It's not really a children's movie, but I'm fairly sure I've memorized almost all the lines. I still like the R.O.U.S's (Rodents of Unusual Size).
25. Celebrity you wish would retire - Renee Zellwegger. Her squinty look drives me crazy. CRAZY. I am getting annoyed just thinking about it.
...until the next meme....
.
No comments:
Post a Comment