Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Meme with lots of links

This one looked like fun, so I tagged myself, from blackbird's blog. She tagged herself too, so I believe it's fair game. :-)

1. Political show - The Daily Show. I can't deal with Real News.

2. Picnic food - I want to say grapes for some reason. Probably because with young children I bring grapes with me just about everywhere I go. Or those little boxes of raisins.

3. Mixed drink - Does a root beer float count?

4. U.S. President - Obama, baby.

5. Kind of student to teach - I like showing my kids stuff, not sure about other kids. You've got exactly 45 seconds with the Lamb before she gets distracted and wanders off somewhere else. I am hoping she develops into a person with a decent attention span.

6. Hobby you do or wish you still did - I have taken up knitting again and I'm really enjoying it. But so far I just make hats. I don't know WHY that is, but they appeal to me somehow.

7. Sports commentator - Wasn't Keith Olberman a sports commentator once?

8. Sport to watch on TV - Please no.

9. Animal to have as a pet - Can't think of a pet I'd like to have. Honestly there's enough poop to clean up around here.

10. Halloween costume you have worn - I think I was a princess every year of my youth. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it, princess is the go-to costume for the Lion and the Lamb to wear around here, like EVERY DAY.

11. Kind of dessert - Chocolate cake, every time.

12. Comic strip - Calvin and Hobbes is genius as far as I'm concerned. For Better or for Worse is regaining significance with me these days.

13. Style or make of footwear - I'll go for any pretty shoe, but I don't wear fancy shoes every day. I've got to jump in and out of a minivan like 4 times a day. So Skechers and Merrells are great for that. This was my signature shoe for a long time, I just kept buying a new pair every year.

14. Ice cream flavor - Cherry Bordeaux or Breyer's mint chocolate chip.

15. College or university president - Um, what? I guess out of loyalty I'd have to say the President of the University of Minnesota. Yeah. Whoever that is.

16. Internet news source - That page that loads up right after you exit your Hotmail account? lol. I'm more of a radio person.

17. Vacation spot - It's been Ottawa for the last 3 years...

18. Wine - Don't drink. I'll give you my mom's favourite wine, Mateus. Portugese rose frizzante.

19. Way to waste time instead of working - Um, BLOGGING?

20. Student excuse for late work - I was not a student who really handed stuff in late. But as a teaching assistant for several years I saw many, many excuses.

21. Reality show - I love talent shows. American Idol is my guilty pleasure. I love watching people strive towards their personal best. I hate the bad auditions at the beginning, I generally skip those. I'm into the feel-good, personal validation storylines...

22. Jewelry on a man - Not into it, honestly. Except a wedding ring.

23. Pizza topping - The ultimate is finding a halal pizza place who will put beef pepperoni on your pizza. All time best topping.

24. Children’s movie - I guess I have weaknesses for all those Julie Andrews flicks. Sound of Music comes to mind as my all-time favourite children's movie. Plus I love Christopher Plummer. LOVE. Well, not this Christopher Plummer so much, more THIS one. Moody and VonTrapp-ish. And only paired directly with Julie Andrews. Anyhoo...

25. Celebrity you wish would retire - Lindsay Lohan drives me nuts.


That's all folks! Have a great weekend!!
xo

No comments: