Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What we're looking forward to in Ottawa...

We don't have cable TV here in Minnesota. Not Minnesotans in general, I mean, us. We get 2 decent channels and a bunch of grainy ones, and like, 8 that are what we call the "God Channels" like this one where we get to see this cute little nun should we flip by...


Anyway, Ottawa brings us many indulgences when we return, like home-made food and pastries, candy from the pharmacy, FREE babysitting and dinners out. For me it's also a chance to veg once in a while, and flip through the countless channels available at my parent's house. I don't watch a lot of TV, but it's a rare indulgence I enjoy while I'm there. Today the Lamb is packing her carry-on luggage and she held up her bear, "I will need this in Ottawa" she said, "for snuggling, especially in front of the TV. Like when we watch that show about clothes, you know, the people are kind of bossy and try to get people to wear only the clothes that they like... you know that one?"

(My mom and mother-in-law can probably guess here... What do you think she's talking about?)

It took me a minute, but I believe she is talking about What Not to Wear...

She says that she "likes the lady, but not the dad." Sorry Clinton.

.

No comments: