Monday, March 01, 2010

It's Toothpick time again!

Funnily enough, LAST YEAR's toothpick races are still up on the blog, no? Oh well, I can't do much about my awful blogging record this last year, but I can tell you that it was warm enough to break out the toothpicks and head to the gutters today! I don't kid myself that it's actually SPRING, it is only March 1st afterall, but the sun was so so warm today and we just couldn't resist our spirits lifting, just a bit. We started in the alley, then moved out to the street. At some point Hafsa got tired and I parked her in a snowbank - which she loved even more. :-)






After we finally got cold enough we came inside, got warm drinks and popcorn and headed downstairs to watch the closing ceremonies that Ozayr had recorded for us the night before. Throughout the Olympics the girls asked me to sing the national anthem every time a Canadian won, and eventually they started asking me to sing it every time they saw a medal ceremony, regardless of who won. I sang it again this afternoon for them, and felt oddly proud... Vancouver did a great job, and we really really enjoyed the last few weeks. The girls are planning a post-Olympic lapbook with all their favourite events and athletes from the games. I think Olympic fever is going to last a long time in this house! At least our first homeschooling unit was a success! In fact I wonder if any other will ever compare!
.
xo

No comments: