This is what homeschooling looks like when it's everyone's zoned in and enjoying it:
If I was going to post a picture of what homeschooling is like when it's NOT working out, it would just be a picture of an empty chair. The scenario being that I turned my back for 2 seconds and the children fled. I'll spare you that picture.
Some other cool stuff we have done lately include building a mini-model of the Nile River and overflowing its banks (grass soon to sprout along its fertile banks, I hope...)
Writing our names in hieroglyphs and cuneiform:
(while sadly lacking in clay tablets, playdough did the trick just fine)
And today we spent the afternoon at the Arboretum attending an apple harvest workshop. The children ground up apples to make cider, taste-tested apples of various kinds, walked through the orchard, and listened to a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic apple expert talk about how apples grow, the varieties of apples etc.
Life is busy, but it's good. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment