Monday, May 14, 2012

Around the corner

Exciting things are happening around here in our homeschooling... ie. we are finishing up our homeschooling!!!!! I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by. I am thrilled that we still managed to get all our curriculum done despite a million doctors appointments, Ozayr working like a mad thing, and a bunch of other distractions and interruptions. The first week in May we took a break from our standard rotation of subjects to blitz through the last 4 weeks worth of history and science material. It was actually a really fun week, and we managed to put retire those books for the year. Now we are just left with those daily subjects like math, languages, etc. I wanted to get a bunch of things off our plate by the time Ozayr traveled this month, and so I am grateful to have a much lighter load from now on, especially as the weather is so nice. I need to really think if this is something we could do during the regular school year to break things up a bit... Anyway, we are going to homeschool until the end of May and then call it quits for Grade Two and Kindgarten respectively. We need a nice few weeks off, but by July I can guarantee you that I will be itching to peruse curriculums again! Every new year is so exciting! I am very thankful for this year, I really enjoyed it. :-)

No comments: