Sunday, May 20, 2012

Zig Zag quilt update

Everything is soooo much easier the second time, isn't it? This quilt is moving nice and QUICK - it definitely helps that it is a much more manageable size.

Those 2.5 x 4.5 strips got paired up with other pairs...


and gradually became blocks...


and those blocks became strips again (sorta)...


Once these 4 lengths were sewn together, I had a finished quilt top! Of course I was so excited that we barged on to the next step without taking any photos. Anyway, this part was soooo much easier than last time - because of the size of this quilt I could put it together on my dining room table instead of the floor - hurray!



There's the backing, then the batting and the top! And LOTS OF PINS!




I couldn't resist putting it through the machine today and just trying out some of the quilting...


I have definitely got to keep up the pace on this - I have just over 2 weeks to complete it, and I still need to decide on binding fabric - but I have really loved working on this so far!

No comments: