Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quilts for the girls

Of course while doing all these other projects, I have been waiting and planning for quilts for each of my girls. I wanted to make something really special for them, a tribute or homage of sorts to their childhood, and this fabric by Sarah Jane is the perfect thing.

I picked the "Meadow" palette for Hafsa. It is very playful and has lots of orange and lilac (though it looks pink here):


Maymuna's fabric is aqua and red and pink:


I didn't buy all the fabrics in each line, but I got hopefully just enough to make a nice little quilt each. I love the whimsy in this collection - the pinwheels, hopscotch, balloons, flowers, plaid and polka dots! I can't wait to get started on them! You see the fabric better and bigger by clicking on those images or on the website here.

No comments: