It's been a couple of quiet days since we returned from Orvieto. You just can't go! go! go! all the time, and truly the biggest luxury of situation right now is that we don't have to hurry - we still have weeks to see everything we want to see. The last few days the girls and I have become better acquainted with the post office, the bakery, the grumpy checkout man at the Carrefour Express (I am killing him with kindness and exact change!! We will be best friends before I leave Italy, I am determined!). Yesterday we took half the afternoon to locate and walk to a gelateria that sells soy gelato in a separate case! In what other circumstances than ours is one willing to make a 40 minute walk for ice cream?
The girls joined Ozayr and his students this morning and now we are having a quiet afternoon, catching up with our notebooks while listening to Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator on audiobook. Maymuna is finishing her picture of the stained glass window at the Duomo in Orvieto.
Then we will go out for gelato probably :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment