Cappuccino deserves it's own post on the blog. Not my favourite drink back home, but here it is WONDERFUL. Here are some cappuccino facts:
In Rome, it comes in teacup size cups only (not ever a Starbucks size tall, grande, or venti - literally "twenty" ounces of cappuccino).
The foam is sweet and milky.
In the mornings you can order and drink it standing up at any of the many coffee "bars" (with or without a chocolate croissant. I recommend with). Because the size is reasonable, it is a quick and easy stop. A coffee bar is just what it sounds like, a cafe with a "bar" where you drink your coffee standing up with at least half a dozen other Romans on their way to work or wherever. 10 minutes maybe?
If you order a "latté" in Italy, that's exactly what you will get: a glass of milk.
There is often a GIANT PILE of fluffy cream if you want it for your coffee. I mean giant.
You do not see people walking around carrying giant coffee cups with them everywhere they go. I have never seen cappuccino or coffee ordered or taken "to go" at all. I'm sure it's possible, but with the amount you are taking with you, I imagine it would be cold by the time you get where you are going.
Because the size is small, you can order it throughout the day without having to worry too much about the caffeine keeping you up all night.
Apparently Italians never order cappuccino after a meal, because of a commonly held belief that the milk is not good for your digestion.
I would drink it all the time.


1 comment:
OMG. That chocolate croissant deserves it's own blog post!! Looks YUM!! :)
Post a Comment