Saturday, February 02, 2013

Orvieto

Only the second city I have visited in Italy, but if I were to move here it's where I would want to live. Rome is busy and fun and vibrant. Orvieto is quiet and quaint and lovely. The weather was not ideal, but I can imagine on a sunny warm day it would have been PERFECTION. We got to take a train and a funicular, explore underground, man-made caves for raising pigeons and making olive oil (some of which date back over 2500 years). We ate cannelloni and cornetti (croissants) and of course, gelato. Ozayr got a fair amount of sketching done of the Duomo - a pretty amazing building (see pic). I am only sorry that we were not allowed to take pictures inside.

Now we are on the train back to Rome. Maymuna says she misses "Roma", she misses the "bustle". I think it was a nice break for a day. :-)











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute hat Maymuna. - Heidi